Why an ILC…..? Peace of Mind!
The ILC provides a document that shows a bird’s eye view of a property, summarizing deeded boundary dimensions, approximate improvement locations and identification of easements in title commitments.
The certificate is signed by a registered land surveyor and certifies the work completed meets the standards set by the State of Colorado Board of Land Surveyors and Engineers and was completed under the direct supervision of the registered land surveyor.
Area of Service
We service most areas throughout Colorado.
Potential problems such as unknown easements, faulty deeds or legal descriptions are examples of issues discovered during the preparation of an ILC. Gillians works closely with the title and mortgage companies to help solve any problem areas that are discovered.
Gillians utilizes a specialized computer tracking system to follow the work in progress for quick answers regarding the status of any ILC.
To help eliminate errors and omissions, Gillians uses several quality control methods for each ILC.
A floodplain statement is provided upon request and is based on the Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) provided by the National Flood Insurance Program.
FIRM maps are not available for certain cities and counties of Colorado; in these instances, floodplain information from other sources (if available) will be stated on the drawing.
*Please Note – If the ILC is needed for a building permit, please contact us with the requirements as an I.L.C. does not typically meet the requirements for future improvements and we can discuss other documents which may apply.
- Verify property fence heights.
- Verify existing Bulk Plane features in Denver.
- Verify property setbacks and locate improvements in relation to the setbacks.
- Further verify and research zoning-required setbacks for the property.
- Locate adjacent structures when the zoning specifies a minimum separation between buildings.
- Verify actual building coverage when the zoning specifies a maximum building coverage.
- Certify building height.